Real quick…. You may be wondering why I didn’t title this post ’16 Resolutions for 2016′, the reason is that I don’t like to feel pressured. Sounds silly but it’s true. I quit smoking, quit soda, ditched eating junk, ditched chemicals, and have made so many positive changes in my life in the last 15 years and they weren’t on New Year’s day they were just on a plain ‘ol day that I decided to make a change. I don’t need New Year’s or the pressure that I put on this day to make a change.
So that is why these are my 16 reminders, not resolutions, for 2016.
1. Choose love. When I am feeling tense or stressed will choose love. In any situation I will choose love (I’m really gonna try!).
2. Smile more. I find that I catch myself stressed with my face scrunched up more than I am liking. I would like to focus more on relaxing my mind, soul, and face resulting in more simple soft smiles and peace.
3. Sleep more. We have had a very relaxed bedtime with our kids. Recently I began a bedtime routine that is working extremely well for all of us. All three kids are asleep by 9:30 leaving me a bit of time to enjoy doing whatever I want and able to go to bed at a decent time myself. I have really enjoyed waking up feeling well rested, such a happier start to the day.
4. Journal or write notes daily. I purchased the We’moon: Gaia Rhythms for Womyn: Quantum Leap Year
datebook. I have a hard time writing long journal posts daily, usually I ramble in this space, but this datebook will help me track events that happen or are to-happen in my life physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I am excited to discover patterns in my behavior and emotions with the universe.
We’Moon accompanies us through solar, lunar and astrological cycles, keeping us mindful of the celestial rhythms of earth and sky that pulse through our lives. The datebook presents a comprehensive introduction to astrology, Sun / Moon / Earth cycles, and seasonal Holy Days, exploring the 13 moons of a lunar year in a week-at-a-glance format, with daily astrological aspects, moon phases and signs, complete ephemerides, astrological insights for each sun sign, month-at-a-glance and year-at-a-glance calendars, and blank pages for notes –
5. Embrace the moment. This moment is the only reality. I am really working on focusing and embracing now, not yesterday or tomorrow but now.
6. Let go of control. I am not in control. This was a HUGE lesson for me in 2015, I learned it (thank you universe) and I am going to apply it from here on out. What is going to happen is going to happen. Me stressing about it won’t change anything except my physical and mental health. I am going to breathe are refer to #5.
7. Choose healthy. Eat real food. Exercise. Love more. Stress less. Get outside and enjoy paradise!
8. Cherish my family. I want my family to KNOW that I love them. I want them to FEEL beyond a doubt that they are cherished. They are my heart and they need to feel it.
9. Grow a green thumb. The kids and I have been having fun this week planting weeds, I hope to learn about and do more of that.
10. Make more stuff. I make most of my cleaning products and hygiene products. I wanna do more of that.
11. Think and talk good about myself and others.
12. Inhale love. Exhale peace.
13. Smile at people especially when they aren’t in a smiling mood.
14. Be the last one to let go of a hug.
15. Enjoy dates with Shane, even if they are in our living room.
16. Cherish my friends.
So there are my 16 reminders for 2016. Do you have a reminder or resolution that you would like to share? I would love it if you did in the comments.
Happy New Year!