Welcome to the Festival of Food Carnival. In celebration of the tradition of Easter chocolates, we’re sharing recipe ideas for healthier alternatives – sweets and treats featuring real cocoa. Hosted by Diary of a First Child and Hybrid Rasta Mama, you’re welcome to join us next time, or if you have a previously published recipe you’d like to share, add it to the linky below.
I add chia seeds into my diet daily. I add it to my smoothies, my salads, and even my water. Chia seeds are 20% protein and have more Omega 3 fatty acids than any other plant food, including flax seeds. I credit chia seeds to drastically reducing my husbands blood pressure. Yep, I love chia seeds!
I include chia in my children’s diet when I can. Their favorite chia packed treats are summer porridge and chocolate chia pudding. I make chocolate chia pudding quite a bit. I like to treat my kids to dessert and a movie at least once a week and this is a dessert that I certainly feel good serving to my family.
Are you ready to make a batch of chocolate chia pudding? Okay, here you go. It is super easy and super delicious!
Chocolate Chia Pudding
What you need: 1/4 cup chia seeds, 3/4 cup milk (I used almond or coconut milk), 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon sweetener (honey or maple syrup), 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
What you do: Whisk all of the ingredients in a bowl.
Let sit for 10 minutes (and maybe work on a chia pet) then stir again.
Sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to chill and thicken up. Enjoy!
This is such an easy and yummy treat to keep in the refrigerator. Do you have a favorite chia recipe? If so, please share it in the comments!
Please take a moment to visit the blogs of our other Festival of Food participants. The links in this list will be live by the end of the day, as participants are all in different time zones.
- Got children who won’t eat their fruit? On a healthy eating plan and yearning for something decadent? Mrs. Green’s decadent avocado smoothie recipe ticks ALL the boxes!You can also find Mrs. Green at Little Green Blog.
- Lindy at Poppy Soap Co. shares Delectable, Grain Free Chocolate Cookie Bites, a simple, savory cookie that you will not be able to resist. You can also find Lindy on Facebook.
- Luschka at Diary of a First Child shares her favourite vegan chocolate cake recipe, perfect for when you’ve run out of eggs. Add some coconut oil for a taste extravaganza. You can also find Luschka on Facebook.
- Sarah at Why Food Works shares Chocolate on Your Face (a mug cake, revisited), a recipe that yields batter you can use as a facial – or bake up into a healthier-than-normal mug cake, right in your microwave. You can also find Sarah on Facebook.
- Angela at EarthMamas World shares one of her families favorite desserts, chocolate chia pudding. It is as easy as it is delicious! You can also find Angela on Facebook.
- Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama shares the Easiest, Tastiest 5-Ingredient Chocolate Cake! This recipe literally takes minutes to throw together and is Gluten, Grain, and Dairy Free . You can also find Jennifer on Facebook.
- Lauren at Hobo Mama has a simple cheater’s way to make this decadent-tasting but guilt-free Freestyle Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and it dirties only one bowl and one spoon!You can also find Hobo Mama on Facebook.
Stay connected! Be sure to “Like” the Festival of Food Carnival Facebook page.