My relationship with coconut oil started as a fling but has recently flourished into a full-blown love affair!
I first purchased coconut oil as an ingredient to make homemade deodorant. I made the deodorant then put my jar of coconut oil away in a cabinet.
I recently began using the no ‘poo shampoo method on my hair. I needed a leave in conditioner for my coarse and curly, sometimes frizzy, hair. I opened the cabinet and pulled out my jar of coconut oil. Into my hair it went. It worked wonderfully! I rub a little of the oil in my wet hair after a shower and voila…great hair!
I am on a roll…here are the ways that I am currently using coconut oil.
1. In my homemade deodorant.
2. Leave in hair conditioner
3. Facial cleaner
4. Lip conditioner
5. Soothes my eczema
6. I apply it to my entire body after a shower
7. Audrey’s diaper rash
8. Ava had a runny irritated nose from allergies, I rubbed a little inside her nose before bed and it cleared it right up
9. Used it to replace the oil in my banana bread recipe..yummm
10. I rub it into my hands and cuticles for soft hands
11. I even eat a spoonful a day to boost my immunity
There are so many uses for coconut oil. I plan to continue to find new ways to use it!
You can read about the many benefits of coconut oil here.
If you have additional uses I would be stoked if you would share them with me!