I have been on a quest for the perfect laundry detergent to wash the diapers in. I can’t seem to find one that I am in love with so I decided to make my own!
It is so easy that I simply can’t even believe it!
Here is what you need:
1 bar of Bar Soap, I used Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Baby Mild. I would have really liked to have used the peppermint but I went for unscented due to washing diapers
1 dry cup Borax, 1 dry cup washing soda
I put a few drops of tea tree oil in for disinfecting
Here is how you do it:
1. Grate soap into sauce pan
2. Add 4 cups of water & stir until dissolved over medium heat.
3. Into a 5 pound bucket / container (I used one that lays sideways so that I can dispense directly into the washer) add borax, soda, and tee tree oil
4. Dump melted soap liquid into the bucket and stir or shake immediately. I then added about 1 gallon of hot water and mixed some more.
5. Add hot water to the 4 gallon level. Mix & put the lid on. Let it sit overnight. You may need to shake/stir it occasionally.
I read that this is fine for HE machines.
1/2 cup liquid for light loads. 1 cup for heavy loads.
I store it in this handy blue container that you can find in the camping section of stores. It makes it easy to store and simply pour it out of the spout.
This recipe will save you tons of money as well!
To see more of my homemade household cleaners please click here.
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy homemade dishwasher detergent