If I did this right there are affiliate links in this post.
I am happy to share this recipe for homemade laundry detergent. Making your own laundry detergent is very easy to do, it is better for your skin and the environment, and it saves you money. With just a few simple ingredients you can make a huge batch of homemade laundry detergent.
I have been on a quest for the perfect laundry detergent to wash the diapers in. I can’t seem to find one that I am in love with so I decided to make my own. It is so easy that I simply can’t even believe it!
Here is what you need:
Here is how you do it:
1. Grate soap into sauce pan
2. Add 4 cups of water & stir until dissolved over medium heat.
3. Into a 5 pound bucket / container (I used one that lays sideways so that I can dispense directly into the washer) add borax, soda, and tee tree oil
4. Dump melted soap liquid into the bucket and stir or shake immediately. I then added about 1 gallon of hot water and mixed some more.
5. Add hot water to the 4 gallon level. Mix & put the lid on. Let it sit overnight. You may need to shake/stir it occasionally.
I read that this is fine for HE machines.
1/2 cup liquid for light loads. 1 cup for heavy loads.
I store it in this handy blue container that you can find in the camping section of stores. It makes it easy to store and simply pour it out of the spout.
To see a list all of my homemade natural living recipes please click here.
Advertising Disclosure: I may be compensated for your purchasing items through links posted on this website.